Download these 22 Free Database Administrator Resume Samples in MS Word Format to study before preparing your own DBA Resume efficiently.
A DBA or database administrator is like the supervisor or parent to the database who takes care of it, resolves any issues within it and maintains regular functions and operations. Database administrators are usually hired to oversee and keep an eye on the performance, security, secrecy and integrity of the database. He is also involved in planning new strategies and processes for the database as well as troubleshooting the problems and resolving the issues regularly.
Job Responsibilities and Duties of Database Administrator:
- A database administrator makes sure that the data inside the database stays consistent
- The data is put in the right spot and in the right order as it’s supposed to
- The data is put in the database in the same order as the users will need it
- The users don’t have any issues or problems accessing the data in the database
- In case of any emergency, entire data is retrievable
- The data remains secure in any situation inside the database
Salary of Database Administrator:
Depending on the job description and responsibilities of database administrators, their salaries vary within each company. Some of the companies pay more to these administrators as compared to others but that’s only because of the size and amount of operations in the company. Usually the salary of a database administrator depends on the amount of work he needs to handle and the size of the organization in which he is employed. Most commonly, a database administrator earns around $60000 per year in the early stages of his career and this amount can go up to $90000 per year after a few years of experience.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Database Administrator Resume created by our staff,
Here is download link for this Database Administrator Resume,
Essential Elements in a Database Administrator Resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful Tips for Writing a Database Administrator Resume:
- Most companies use computer programs to store the resume for later use and if that’s the case for you, you need to spread some key words in the resume that are relevant to the job you are applying for.
- It is not a good idea to include your references in the resume but just add a simple statement at the end of the resume that if they require, you can provide references at the interview but don’t stuff or make your resume messy with the references in the first place.
- A simple or very tiny mistake can make the employer through your resume in the trash so it is important that before sending the resume, you proofread it at least twice or ask your friends to look through it and see if there are any mistakes that you can remove.
- Always right a fresh objective that is relevant to the job you are applying for or better make a career statement in which you show them how you are going to use your skills and expertise on the job you are applying for.