The person responsible for each and everything for the entire life cycle of a product is known as the product manager. This is the person who starts the job by taking part in the planning and discussion about the ideas of a new product and shares his thoughts with the rest of the group and mutually they all come up with an idea to develop a new product under the supervision of the product manager. After that, it’s the responsibility of the product manager to start the production by creating a team, arranging the raw material and resources, making the machinery and necessary equipment available at the plant and each and every thing until the product is ready and sent in the warehouse for shipping in the market.
Job Responsibilities and Duties of Product Manager:
- A product manager describes and explains the product strategy and roadmap for developing it
- Making sure that the product is manufactured with the least quality measurements
- Working with the other departments such as shipment, marketing and sales to develop better plans for the product and making effective changes to the product before sending it to the market
- Become a useful leader to the team in order to keep the entire team on track and complete the assignment on time
Salary of Product Manager:
It is quite obvious from the title that product manager is kind of a supervisor who is in charge of the production of a specific product and with this you can understand that usually these managers are hired on contract. This can be a contract with regular monthly salary or a lump sum amount for the entire project. It doesn’t matter how the company is paying a product manager but the important thing is that they get very good salaries. It is a very important job and requires great experience and skills so only professionals are hired on this job and most of them get around $90000 per year which is like the basic salary for a product manager.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Product Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Product Manager Resume,
Essential elements in a Product Manager Resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for writing a Product Manager Resume:
- It is never a good idea to only focus mainly on the job duties and responsibilities of your previous jobs as everyone knows what you do on a job but you need to give them something that is worth mentioning such as the accomplishments.
- Objective on the resume is the first and most important thing that employers read and this is the only thing that convinces them to read the entire resume. This is why it is really important that you include a good looking and fresh objective paragraph or better make it your career and skill summary.
- Always make sure that you are creating the resume in the right size as cutting back on important things or adding unnecessary stuff in the resume can be tricky and it might make the employer to throw the resume in the trash without knowing if you are the right candidate or not.