When we talk about the supply chain process, warehouse managers are very important. It is one thing to manufacture the product but it’s completely other thing to store it in the warehouse and send it in the market when it’s time to do so. Warehouse managers are the employees who control the incoming products or stock in the warehouse, storing the stock appropriately as it will be needed in future and making it available when it’s time to send it to the market.
Job responsibilities of warehouse manager:
- Liaising with company production team, customers and suppliers as well as the marketers
- Planning and organizing the receiving, storing and dispatching the stock
- Effective use of space in the warehouse in order to make room for more stock
- Storing the stock in such an order as it will be needed in the future
- Keeping inventory along with receipts and other documents related to stock and storing in warehouse
Salary of a warehouse manager:
There are different figures when we talk about the salary of a ware house manager. The salary of these managers mainly depends on the company or business they are employed in and secondly, it also depends on the size of the company, warehouse, and amount of work in the warehouse and responsibilities as the manager. Usually a warehouse manager earns around $50000 but it can also be up to $80000 or even $120000 in case of a global organization and hundreds of employees in the warehouse.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Warehouse Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Warehouse Manager Resume,
Required skills for warehouse manager job:
- Good team work
- Excellent management skills
- Good communication skills
- Being able to work in a group
- Leading subordinates
- Organizing the work of other employees
- Training and teaching the employees to increase their performance
- Dealing with common problems and issues in the work place
- Coordinating with employees and management in order to make the warehouse a better place for employees and workers
- Time management skills
- Critical decision making skills
- Being able to work with deadlines and time frames
Useful tips for creating warehouse manager resume:
- Always make separate sections for each kind of information and details. It is not a good idea to spread all kinds of information and details all over the resume as this will make it hard to understand. Create individual sections or categories for each kind of details i.e. contact information, employment history, skills and expertise and educational achievements.
- While discussing the previous employment, always mention the names of the employers if they are well-known in the field. This will make you look more professional as the employer will see who you worked with and what kind of expertise you learnt at that job.
- Whenever you want to send a resume for a new job, always create new one. This way you can upgrade the resume with new information i.e. new contact address, email and street addresses. This is also important to enlist your recent jobs on the resume too.
- There is no need to add any personal information on the resume such as your hobbies or favorite time pass. This is not relevant to the job application and it will only take space on your resume leaving not enough room for more important stuff.