Students learn from books but it’s not like they can get books from the library and just by going through it, they will understand everything. Most of the time, every student needs someone who can help him to learn the stuff in the books and teach him in an easy way so that he can understand it. This person who helps students learning about books and passing their grades is known as the teacher.
Job responsibilities of a teacher:
- The key responsibility of a teacher is to help the students with the books and education
- Creating sessions of classes to cover the syllabus
- Helping the students and explaining difficult stuff in an easy way
- Focusing on each student in the class to analyze the progress and problems
- Keeping in touch with the students and counseling them to overcome their disabilities
- Updating the parents of the students in order to share his thoughts with them about the students
Here is preview of a Free Sample Teacher Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Teacher Resume,
Salary of a teacher:
It depends on each school, state and even country that how much a teacher is paid. Usually a high school teacher makes more money as compared to a nursery school teacher and a college teacher earns more money as compared to a high school teacher. After some experience, when a teacher becomes a lecturer or professor, they start earning more money. The earning for a teacher can be anywhere in between $30000 to $90000 per year and this is the case for regular salary basis. Many schools and institutions also hire teachers on session basis or on the basis of the number of students in each class. In that case, the earning actually depends on many factors and variables so it’s not possible to give even a random figure.
You can check out more school resume examples on one of our sister site.
Essential elements in teacher resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for writing a teacher resume:
- There is no need to cut back on the important stuff such as your previous job responsibilities and achievements and there is also no need to include irrelevant or less important stuff in the resume just to make it filled with words.
- Once you complete the resume, make sure to proofread it properly. If you can’t find any mistakes, ask someone else to point them out for you.
- You should know that hundreds of applicants apply for teaching job every month and that’s why most schools and colleges have a computer system to store the resumes. In that case, it is really important for you to include keywords in your resume related to the job you are applying for.
- Employers start reading the resume from top to bottom and most of the time; they don’t consider the headings or titles in the sections so you need to prioritize the stuff on your resume. Put the more important stuff in the beginning i.e. your employment history and leave the less important stuff for bottom.
- It is sure that it will take more time and effort but it is really important that whenever you want to send an application, you write a customized resume for each kind of job. Read the job description thoroughly and then create the resume in such a way that the employer wants to see it.