There are many ways and techniques to market a product or service among common people and creating better brand awareness about a company but there is nothing better than promoting the product with a celebrity or what we can call a model. In simple words, a model is someone who presents products to the common consumers in such a manner that even if the product is not one of a kind, they think it is because a specific model is presenting it in the market. This is why it’s a very real theory that most of the time; products don’t sell because of the features or characteristics but because of the personality of the mode. This way we can also say that the most important duty and responsibility of a model is to make sure that he/she presents the product in such a way that people are really convinced to get it.
Job responsibilities and duties of model:
- Presenting the product i.e. clothing or cosmetics on media
- Using electronic media commercials for advertising and marketing the products
- Attending the fashion shows and walking on the ramp wearing designer clothes and accessories
- Promoting new and existing products in the market in order to increase the business and brand awareness of the company among common people
- Communicating with the companies on regular basis in order to get more business
- Updating the agent on regular basis about what kind of jobs and assignments you want in the future
- Creating and maintaining excellent portfolio of the work including the past and currently ongoing assignments and projects
Here is preview of a Free Sample Model Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Model Resume,
Salary of a model:
If you can understand the modeling profession, you can see that most of the time, these models don’t have regular salaries unless they have a permanent tenure with an agency or if they work as a brand ambassador for a business. Most of the time, these models work on contracts and each contract have its own amount for them. It can be anything between just couples of hundreds of dollars to multimillion deals. Basically the earning of a model depends on how much famous they are in the industry and for how much time they are working as models. It is also a fact that models with good figure and ideal bodies get more money as compared to those who aren’t that beautiful.
Essential elements in a model resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for writing a model resume:
- Make sure that your resume is of the right size and the content in it is neither too long nor too short. Cutting back on important stuff or making irrelevant stuff long can risk the job opportunity for you.
- Always right a unique objective for the job you are applying rather than just copy pasting the content from somewhere else. Read the job description carefully and then come up with the objective.
- Always make sure that you use more action words like achieved or accomplished rather than just writing with simple or common words.