This is a world in which the customers don’t buy stuff because of the features and characteristics neither because the company has very good reputation but it’s mainly because the way the product is represented to them. This makes it one of the most important jobs of the graphic designers to create graphics to represent something in such a way that it strikes the minds of customers and they are convinced or forced to buy it.
Job responsibilities of graphic designer:
- Meeting with clients and businesses to get to know their requirements and needs in a better way
- Understanding the needs and requirements of the clients and developing strategy to execute the project and get desired results
- Analyzing the work included in getting the job done and providing time frame and estimated costs of the project to the client
- Conducting research and gathering focus groups to get data and figures to design the graphics for the client
- Completing the project with staying in the budget, timeframe and fulfilling the requirements of the client
- Presenting the final project to the clients and getting to know their thoughts about it
- Resolving the issues with the final product if there are any
Here is preview of a Free Sample Graphic Designer Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Graphic Designer Resume,
Salary of graphic designer:
Graphic designing is kind of a technical job and it includes more creativity then the learnt skills and expertise from the education and learning. Usually most companies hire graphic designers for short period of time and this way instead of getting regular salaries, they usually get lump sum amount for the entire project but many designers are also hired for long term employment on regular salaries. No matter what’s the case, these graphic designers earn around $55000 per year.
Essential elements in graphic designer resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for creating a graphic designer resume:
- The key purpose of a resume is not to get you the job but to pass the screening process of the employer and convincing him that you are worth interviewing. Keep it in your mind and design your resume for only this purpose.
- There is no need to make your resume long that it covers more than two pages as this will look like an essay or thesis to the employer and he won’t go through it thoroughly.
- Always make sure that you don’t use more than one page for the resume and if it exceeds one page, eliminate the less important stuff that you can also discuss in the interview.
- Don’t forget to proofread the resume at least twice so that if there is any mistake or grammatical error in the content, you can remove it.
- This way you can also make sure that you have put the contact information correctly and there is no mistake in the phone number and other contact addresses.