There are different departments in every company and business such as the marketing department, the administration, sales, project management, production and planning but the most important department is the one that deals with the financial resources or money of the company. This department is also known as the financial department and the supervisor or head of this department is the financial manager whose job is to make sure that company finances are going in the right place at the right time.
Job responsibilities of a financial manager:
- Receiving financial information from various perspectives
- Understanding the working and operations of the company or business
- Monitoring the cash flow in the company
- Predicting about the future financial situations
- Analyzing the change in the market trends
- Preparing business plans and making strategies related to finances
- Making decisions in order to enhance the performance of the business
- Creating ways and options to save financial resources for the company
- Analyzing the competitive strategies and policies to make changes in the company
Here is preview of a Free Sample Financial Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Financial Manager Resume,
Salary of a financial manager:
You might think that accounting or finance is a boring career and it’s not everyone’s job to deal with the numbers and always doing math on the job but there is something that you should know about the financial management that it offers more than usual or average salary and income. You can say that it’s like earning a fortune for most of the managers in accounting and finance. Usually a financial manager earns more than $150000 per year which is a huge figure for those who only make $3000-$40000 per year. Now you can ignore the comments about being a nerd and seriously think about adopting this profession as your career.
Required skills for financial manager job:
- Critical thinking
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills
- Financial resources management
- Decision making
- Taking control of an unusual situation
- Good with mathematics and numbers
- Problem solver
- Excellent researcher and analyst
Useful tips for creating a financial manager resume:
- There is nothing worst that seeing a resume with grammatical and spelling mistakes. Even if you have good experience and all required skills for the job, if your resume have these mistakes, employer will throw the resume in trash by observing first 2-3 mistakes. That’s why when you complete the resume; proofread it at least twice so that if there are any mistakes, you can remove them in time.
- Make sure to use the right font in the resume and don’t put too many capital letter words in the resume. There is no need to use a font smaller than the 11pts but it’s better to use 12pts font for better reading. Also never use more than 2 types of fonts in the entire resume.
- There is no need to add negative elements in the resume. This includes all the negative aspects about your personality i.e. weaknesses and the factors that you hated about your previous jobs.