Electricity is a very tricky business and it takes a professional to deal with the problems in the electrical system. These professionals are also known as the electricians and they are the people that know how to deal with common electrical problems and troubleshoot the issues in the system. Usually these workers work with contractors which means if you want to hire an electrician, you need to contact to a contractor and he will assign an electrician from his team to your work. You can also find electricians that work alone but this way there won’t be any insurance in case of any damage to your property or any person at the working site. Electricians usually work on hourly basis with private contracts such as residential work assignments but when it comes to bigger picture such as a company or an industrial unit, they usually work on regular salaries.
Salary of an electrician:
Most of the time, electricians don’t work alone and they usually work with contractors as this is gives them security and safety on the job and with the payments later. When electricians work with contractors, they are required to pay a little fraction of their paychecks to the contractors where on the other hand, if they work alone, they get to keep all of their income. Usually an electrician earns around $60000 per year with regular salary and on hourly basis; these professionals usually make $15 per hour.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Electrician Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Electrician Resume,
Essential elements in electrician resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for creating electrician resume:
- Employers like to see a resume that shows them as it’s made only for them. This is the feeling they will only get when you customize your resume according to each job and employer.
- There are dozens of formats of resumes in the professional field and each one of them is only suitable in a certain situation. You can’t use the chronological format if you don’t have any experience and if you have it, you can’t use functional resume.
- You should understand the basics of resume which includes what to put first and how to put it. For example, you need to put your name at the top of the resume and it should be in bold and slightly bigger font. Then you need to enter your contact information and then comes the work experience, education details and skills.
- The resume is about yourself and it’s pretty much understood by you and the employer so you should never use pronouns in the resume such as I or Me. Make sure to talk neutral without mentioning anything particularly with ‘I’ or ‘Me’.
- Resume isn’t something that you can design to lure the attention towards yourself but you need to keep it simple and professional. There is no need to add any fancy colors or themes in the resume such as colorful fonts or border with designs.