Most of the time, administrative assistants are also known as the clerical staff in the office and we can find these employees in almost any kind of business and industry. You can say that these assistants help the administrative staff with the routine work and tasks.
Job responsibilities of administrative assistant:
- Assisting the administrative staff in any way possible in the office
- Taking phone calls, answering emails, writing memos and taking notes during the meetings
- Arranging the meetings and letting employees know about the upcoming meetings
- Doing the paper work in the office in all perspectives
- Other duties of administrative assistants include bookkeeping, monitoring and entering office expenses, scheduling and planning
Salary of administrative assistant:
Although it sounds like a wonderful position as an administrative assistant but the reality is that it’s still an assistant job and thus, you can understand it won’t pay that good money as other jobs. Usually these assistants earn around $30000 per year as regular salary figure but mostly they are hired on hourly basis with around $8 per hour.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Administrative Assistant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Administrative Assistant Resume,
Essential elements in administrative assistant resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for creating an administrative assistant resume:
- Resume is a complete professional document and you need to keep it that way. There is no need to add any kinds of design style in the resume and make sure that you only use the professional and simple font in the resume too as a complicated font may look like stylish but it makes reading hard.
- Most people don’t focus on the contact information and as a result, they usually get the interview but don’t get the call because of the mistake in the contact information. It is very easy to make tiny mistakes in the telephone number or the email address and you need to make sure that you have put the correct details.
- Objective in the resume is very important and it’s one of the essential elements too. Objective is the key element that ensures the employer about your skills and expertise that you want to use on the job. Understand the job description and write an objective that matches with the requirements.
- You need to add some of the keywords in your resume too that are related to the job that you are applying for. This is important especially if your resume will be stored in computer and only these keywords will be the way to access good resumes in the database.
- A common resume gets around 10 seconds of consideration before the employer decides to throw it in the trash and you need to make those 10 seconds worth. Prioritize your stuff on the resume with putting the most important information at the top and keeping the less important stuff for the end.