Carpenter is a person or professional worker who knows who to work with wood and carpentry. We can also say that the person who performs all the wood related handy jobs is the carpenter. Most of the time, we don’t meet with educated carpenters but they are just experienced and have good carpentry expertise and skills. Most of the time, this is enough that even if the carpenter isn’t well educated, he just needs to have good skills in his field but most contractors don’t work with uneducated carpenters.
Salary of a carpenter:
Most of the time, carpenters work with contractors and they have to give a fraction of their paychecks to the contractors and thus, they don’t make that good money. But when we talk about the carpenters who work individually or have established their recognition in the market, they earn very good salaries or income. Usually a carpenter earns around $40000 without contractor and $25000 with contractor and this figure is per year where on the other hand, a typical carpenter earns around $18 per hour while working on hourly basis.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Carpenter Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Carpenter Resume,
Essential elements in carpenter resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful tips for creating carpenter resume:
- A common resume gets around 10 seconds of consideration before the employer decides to throw it in the trash and you need to make those 10 seconds worth. Prioritize your stuff on the resume with putting the most important information at the top and keeping the less important stuff for the end.
- Objective in the resume is very important and it’s one of the essential elements too. Objective is the key element that ensures the employer about your skills and expertise that you want to use on the job. Understand the job description and write an objective that matches with the requirements.
- You know that the resume is the key element that speaks to the employer before you and it’s the main factor that decides if you are getting an interview or not. This is why it is really important that you create the resume that speaks for the needs and requirements of the employer.
- Always go through the resume after completing it so that if there are any kinds of mistakes, you can remove them. It is better if you ask someone else to read it for you and point out the mistakes that you can’t locate by yourself.
- Make sure that you don’t put anything wrong on the resume as false statements or claims might get you an interview but there won’t be any job for you when your employer finds out that you falsify on the resume intentionally.
- There is no need to add any personal information such as your marital status or personal interests as it’s irrelevant for the employers.